1 Jus-Rol™ Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
1 egg, beaten
1 honeycomb chocolate, crushed
For the filling
350g dark chocolate
25g unsalted butter
250ml double cream
For the salted caramel
75g unsalted butter
100g soft light brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
150ml double cream
1 tsp fleur de sel or ½ tsp sea salt
35cmx10cm Fluted Tart Tin
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6.
1. Roll the pastry in between two sheets of greaseproof paper to 3mm thickness and transfer into the fluted tart tin leaving a sheet of greaseproof paper on top of the pastry and gently prick base. Fill with baking beads and blind bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and paper, brush with beaten egg and return to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
2. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4.
3. Meanwhile melt the butter with the chocolate in a Pyrex bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once the chocolate has melted and cooled slightly and fold in the cream. Then pour the chocolate into the pastry shell and chill for 4 hours.
4. To make the salted caramel, melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat. Once dissolved add the cream stirring constantly to mix. Finally add the salt and stir. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. To serve drizzle some of the salted caramel over the tart and sprinkle with crushed honeycomb.
Tip: Leftover salted caramel can be stored in lidded jar and kept in the fridge.